May 31, 2011

May 25, 2011


Sprints: 115m, 115m, 100m, 100m, 100m, 100m

So I woke up, drank some protein & water, then went to Harvard's track. It's pretty nice. I warmed up and then began sprinting. I had a bit of trouble interpreting the markings on the track apparently though. After the 2nd sprint I did I asked a coach who had his people running a bit on the other side of the track where 100m was, and apparently I was doing 15 extra meters. Whoops. Man I am slow. My 100s were around 15-16 seconds. That's ok though, I'll get better. After the first 115m I thought "hmm I'll have to go to the gym later for some more conditioning work". By my 3rd sprint that went out the window. Wow. Brutal.

On my 2nd to last sprint I was standing around after I finished it, feeling a cool breeze blowing across the track. A bunch of those helicopters that come off of maple trees fluttered towards me, like 500 of them. They were over my head and around me. I thought to myself that it was odd...then I noticed the buzzing. Yeah I was surrounded by a swarm of bees. I calmly walked a little ways away and then ran back to the start line. The bees left shortly thereafter. I did one more sprint, and was absolutely exhausted. I was still tired 45 minutes later after showering and having a shake. I sat in the air conditioning in my room and just relaxed. My legs, still a tad sore previous to running, were absolutely annihilated, especially at the insertion point of the quad at the knee. I immediately scheduled a massage for later in the day. The girl was this skinny chick and going in I thought "ah man...this ain't gonna work. As usual, I was completely wrong. This girl gave me the best deep tissue/ sports massage work that I've EVER had. I was almost in tears when she was working out the tense areas on my quads. I'm still sore now, but it's much more manageable.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment