May 31, 2011

First Post!

I'm starting this to back up journals I have online and on paper. There's also more editing options here as well.

OK, so, a brief background. For what would have been my junior year of high school I instead attended college full time; I was in an advanced program, where the classes I attended counted for high school credit as well. I would have enough credit to graduate from high school after that year. But I needed to fulfill my gym requirement. So in February 1999 I started lifting at the gym of my college, and had a manager sign off that I had worked out. Since then I've never gone more than 7 days without working out.

I'm 5 10, and I started at 138 lbs (with a 65 lbs. bench press lol). I progressed fairly easily to 170 over the ensuing few years, and chilled there. Over the years I've gradually changed training philosophies from one body part per day, to now where I generally do upper/lower splits, along with complexes, tabatas, powerlifting, sprinting and all kinds of training methods. I realized that I was as strong as I was going to be at 175 at the start of 2008 I went on my first bulk, and went from 178 to 213. I cut after that, got down to 187 at about 10% bf. I decided to do another bulk, starting on September 1, 2010 with a goal of 230 by March 1, and several strength goals. I hit 231 March 1st, and pretty much got all my goals. I'll post retroactively with the final week of that bulk.

My main goals were to add size to my pectoral region, increase my lat spread/thickness, and set several personal records, which I achieved. Among them were to bench 300 (My max was about 280 at the time) and I ended up hitting 340. I wanted to squat 400 again since I hadn't squatted consistently in a while. I hit 400 exactly. My other goal was to deadlift 500, I was around 405 when I started, and ended up hitting 470. It's ok, it gives me something to chase. I had 500 about 4" from locking out but just couldn't bring it home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment