July 13, 2011

June 13, 2011 Sprinting to IMMORTALITY

  • 100m sprints: 2
  • 200m sprints: 2
  • 100m sprints: 2

wow.....So we've got a 'heatwave' in Boston right now.  Basically it's above 90 for a few days, aka the only few days we'll have real nice summer weather in New England and give everyone an opportunity to bitch about the heat.  Personally I love it. I'm more comfortable when it's 95 and humid as a jungle than when it's 75 and dry.  It was about 83 this morning when I went to sprint.  I've found that since I started doing the 200s the last couple weeks the 100s have gotten MUCH easier.  I take maybe 45 seconds between those first 2.  The 200s still kill me, but then at the end today I'm standing by my shoes that I use to walk over in and my water bottle, and figured what the hell, and ran another 100m down the track, took a minute then decided to run the 100m back to where all my stuff was.  The lactic acid hit on that final 100m to round out my first ever 800m day was unbelievable.  May start sprinting Saturdays too.  I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment