July 29, 2011

July 29, 2011 Lower/Heavy (400*10 Deadlift!)

  • BB DL: 400*10 425*1 435*1 315*5
  • Hanging Snatch Jumps: 135*4
  • Hang Cleans: 135*4
  • Rope Slams: 30, 25

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!  So when I hit the 8th rep at 400 I thought I was done, but I pushed for a 9th, and then got the 10th with what was probably hideous form, but I don't care.  I got 400 for 10 at a bodyweight of 200 lbs.  I was a puddle of jelly after that set, but decided to try and keep going with the workout, so I did a couple more heavy sets of deads, one of which I will post a video of here (NEVER EVER USE THE FORM I DID HERE):


So yeah I was exhausted.  If you ever find yourself deadlifting and this is what it looks like, lower the weight.  Probably should not have done the extra deadlift work here, but whatever.  The 315 for 5 was done with shoulders back, dragging the bar up the shin, etc.  Basically I hate having my last set be with shitty form, so I did 315 with perfect form.   Hanging Snatch Jumps were fun....but they hurt my knees, again I was exhausted.  Tried hanging cleans afterward, and honestly my hips were having none of that. Here's a video of the snatch jumps:




Finished off with some rope slams. Trying to use KBs to hold the rope down.  I used the TRX frame that you can see the past couple months but it jumps all over the place when I do rope work. Here's another video:






 

No comments:

Post a Comment