July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011 Current Routine

So here's what I'm doing currently.  As always, remember this: What works for me might not work for you.  Also when you look at what someone is doing remember that may not be how they got to where they are, it's just what they're doing now.  Although in this case a heavy/light upper/lower split is largely what got me where I am.  Previously I was doing another conditioning session consisting of tabatas, jumps, and rope work on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings.  I replaced that with incline walking Monday & Thursday mornings, and take Tuesday mornings off possibly.  So here's my current incarnation of the routine:

Sunday (Conditioning)
Tabata (KB Swing Usually)
Plyometric Box Jumps: 30
Seated Box Jumps: 20ish
Paloff Presses
Ab Wheel

Monday (A.M. Conditioning)
Incline Walking: 30 minutes

Monday (P.M. Upper/Heavy)
BB Flat Bench: 4 sets, 3-5 reps*
BB Rows: 4 sets, 3-5 reps
BB Push Press: 3 sets, 1-3 reps
Pullup Variation: 3 sets high rep, low rep, whatever
Metabolic Movement (swings, rope slams, battling ropes, etc.).  

Tuesday (Lower/Light)
Squats: 3 sets, 10 reps
Front Squats: 3 sets, 1-3 reps
Core Movement (P.U.P.P., Plank Variation, Paloffs, Fallouts, Ab Wheel, etc.).

Wednesday (Conditioning)
Sprinting: 800-1200m (still building towards 1200 now)

Thursday (A.M. Conditioning)
Incline Walking: 30 minutes

Thursday (P.M. Upper/Light)
BB Incline Bench: 3 sets, 8-10 reps**
Pullup Variation: 3 sets
BB Standing Press: 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Metabolic Movement (swings, rope slams, battling ropes, etc.).  

Friday (P.M. Lower/Heavy)
Deadlifts: 3 sets, 1-3 reps***
DB Jump Deads: 3 sets, 3-5 reps
Pullup Variation: 3 sets, 3-5 reps

Saturday (Not A Thing)
Rest



*Currently for the next couple of weeks I am going to be trying to see how high I can get my 10 rep max. 
**Currently since I'm going lighter on flat I'm doing low reps here for the next couple weeks.
 ***Currently going for 400*10, at 400*9 right now, when I hit 10 I will switch back to doing 1-3 rep sets and take a run at 500 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment