August 4, 2011

August 4, 2011 Quick update on cut progress

So I added in 4 oz. of brown rice as a pre-workout meal about 45 minutes to an hour before I work out. I notice I have more energy and more 'pop' in my workouts now. I switched the fruit I usually had before to post-workout (an apple & a banana) and then down my usual chicken/broccoli dinner. I'm at 2531 calories, 231 carbs, 37 fiber. So I'm around 200 net carbs for my training days which is actually double what I was getting before. I cut out the intense a.m. conditioning and swapped in incline walking on a treadmill, fasted.

I noticed yesterday I looked much leaner through my torso, and my chest actually looked thicker & denser, so I weighed myself first thing in the a.m. after going to the bathroom...200 lbs! It's not just my imagination either; there's a semi-pro bb'er at my gym who I talk to frequently, he noticed I look much more cut over the last few weeks, and that I'm looking 'fuller'. I'm assuming it's glycogen in the muscles. I'm actually happy with how this is going, so I may not reduce the carbs in a week or so as I had initially planned to do once I was out of the rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment