August 20, 2011

August 19, 2011 Deadlifting/Lower

  • BB Deadlift: 405*1 435*1 455*1
  • Glute Bridges: 405*4 NEW PR!! 405*6 405*5
  • BB Rows (scapula pinned back): 135*10 185*7
  • Batwings: 40*5 40*3
  • 34" Plyo Box Jumps: 30
  • Shoulder-Touch Planks: 8, 8

So when I wasn't being menaced by the Phantom Homo in the sauna I got in a good workout.  I feel like I could break my deadlift record right now as is, but I think next week is a scheduled off week for deadlifting, and my lower back needs it.  Glute bridges...yeah I think I could hit 500 here.  I feel like I need to do more mid/upper back work so I started doing some rows with my scapulae pinned back, then realized Dan John actually had an exercise for these called bat wings.  You can find a picture/link on them earlier in this blog.  I want to make sure that this part of my posterior chain doesn't hold back my deadlifting.  Finished with some plyo jumps & shoulder touch planks.  I actually pulled my left lat somehow on the jumps...still sore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment