August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011 Upper Body

  • BB Flat Bench: 235*11 240*10 245*8
  • Pullups: 10, 7, 7
  • DB Unilateral Flat Bench: 100*4 105*2
  • Banded Push Press: 135*8 155*4 165*2
  • P.U.P.P.: 1:30 1:00

 I'm really dialing it in on carb timing pre-workout.  As long as I'm done about 25 minutes before leaving, by the time I get on to the gym floor it'll be about 40 minutes since finishing and I'm starting to peak.  Still adding weight onto my 10 rep max here for benching.  Experimenting with pullups here, T-Nation had a great article on some techniques to try.  Today before doing pullups I tried the no-hands pullup, need better straps for it though.  I like the move of unilateral bench to here, going to dial back the weights though since the flat bench before taxes me pretty bad.  The new thing of the day was mini-banded Push Press.  I REALLY liked this, I had to fight all the way with it, should help my over-head press as well.  Finished off with some PUPP.  Here are some videos of the Push Pressing; the last video the safety bars came off.  







No comments:

Post a Comment