August 11, 2011

August 11, 2011 Upper Body

  • BB Incline Bench: 245*3 245*3 235*2
  • 1.5 Pullups: 7, 4, 3
  • BB Press: 135*7 155*3 160*2
  • DB Rows: 120*5
  • Rope Pullups: 8, 7, 6
  • Rope Slams; 20, 25

Cutting is odd. I'm used to setting records for myself all the time when I'm gaining weight, so to be puttering along at a steady level of strength always seems odd to me.  That's why I switch up and try to find 10 rep maxes on things like deadlifting or bench, because I hate the idea that I'm going to be moving the same weight for several months until I decide to do my next mass building phase.  It seems like progress because my 10 rep max will move up week to week as my nervous system adapts to doing higher reps on something I've usually done lower reps on.  This is also a great time to be experimenting with exercises I'll use on my next mass phase.  So for lat width I've been experimenting with new pullup variations, and for shoulder girdle strength I finally started doing standing presses consistently.  Really killed the 135 BB press today, could've gotten 8 but wanted to save my energy for higher weights...unfortunately I had already tired myself out. 


Also!  I'm in the planning stages of a completely new routine that takes me completely away from the heavy/light upper/lower split. More details to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment