October 10, 2012

October 7, 2012 Conditioning


  • 34.5" plyo box jumps: 2 - psyched self out after the 2nd
  • 31.5" plyo box jumps: 20
  • 31.5" seated plyo box jumps: 15
  • 7kg mb slam tabata: 21, 20, 21, 18, 18, 17, 20, 18

I have no idea why I keep psyching myself out on those box jumps.  I crouch back to jump and I just freeze, I think about what if I don't make it, how do I even jump, what should the form look like, I forget how to even jump properly. It's weird.  Because the 31.5" jumps is just a slightly smaller box on top of the tall box, and when I'm at my peak for those before coming down onto the box I'm literally 10" over the box sometimes.  I wish my gym had 'softer' boxes instead of those metal framed ones, I'd probably be fine then.  

Anyway, brought back the tabatas.  Holy moly. I knew it'd suck since I haven't done one in ages. Yup. it sucked.  Decimated me, which is why I do them!  Good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment