October 4, 2012

October 2, 2012 Lower Body


  • Deadlifts: 315*3 405*1 425*1 445*1 
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 135*3 160*3 185*2 170*3
  • DB Bulgarian Split Squats: 15*10 15*10
  • Wall-Ball Throws: 16*10 16*10
Wheeee getting deadlifting strength back.  I think that's 5 straight weeks now of deadlifting so I'll probably go easy on it this coming week, we'll see how I feel.  Tried to keep my form on hanging power cleans better; last week I discovered my arms were coming too far in front of me on snatches.  They were on cleans as well, but not as bad.  Hopefully staying tight near my body lets me pack the weight back on the bar here. 

I highly recommend the split squats for people with hip mobility/imbalances.  My hips are usually a bit stiff and I have to get them warmed up before deadlifting/squatting.  I notice the help from the Bulgarian Split Squats as well;  I also notice that the imbalance can lead to instability of my knee i.e. it caves in sometimes when squatting.  The split squats help with that, especially concentrating on keeping everything in line.  I'm taking it slow on these, I could use the 100s probably at this point for a couple reps, but my form would be terrible. I'm going to keep everything light here for now and really pattern in the proper form on the movement. 

Finished up the session here by throwing a large ball up a wall as high as I could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment