October 18, 2012

October 16, 2012 Lower Body


  • Deadlifting: 405*2 425*1 450*1
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 135*5 155*5 175*4
  • Reverse Hypers: 100*8
  • one-arm alternating planks: 5, 5

Still working on deadlifting; it's getting close but it still feels so weird in my hamstrings. It's like they need to be built up more from years of not firing them as much as I should when deadlifting.  They're constantly sore the last few weeks, and feel fatigued. When I foam roll them it feels like there's rocks in them from all the knots. I also feel hunched over too far on the highest weight sets each week, but I really don't want to reduce the weight, I still feel like a piece of garbage candyass for getting hurt in the first place.  I'll focus on the form when I get back near to 500 on a pull.   

Hanging power cleans went ok, another thing I just realized: since I'm using a lot more hamstring deadlifting now it's effected my power clean.  Previously before getting hurt my hamstrings weren't as decimated after deadlifting and I could 'pop' more on the cleans. Now they're so fatigued I've lost that pop.  I'm still not putting them first, I love deadlifting too much.  Reverse hypers went well, could REALLY feel the sciatica on the left with them.  Finished with alternating planks, putting out one arm in front of me, really enjoyed these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment