October 10, 2012

October 5, 2012 Lower Body


  • Squats: 300*2 315*2 325*1 335*1
  • Hanging Power Snatches: 135*3 145*3 150*1
  • Ab-Wheel: 10, 10
  • High Box Jumps: 30 - as quickly as possible. 

Well that went well.  Not sure what was different here. That's what's so frustrating about squatting. Last week I barely got 315 for one, I'm not even sure I hit parallel.  This time I got 335.  I was really focusing on keeping my posterior chain tight & flexed throughout the movement, maybe that made a difference?  Plus I just decided I was going to see what I could get for a 1RM without really training for it.  Maybe I'll just do that every week.  Worked well for my deadlift...

Anyway rest of the session went well. REALLY enjoying snatches now that the trainer at my gym pointed out I was coming out too far in front when throwing the weight up.  That nice tight to the body snap and flip over the head feels perfect. I actually like the snatches more than hanging power cleans at this point.  I feel like my form on the cleans still isn't perfect.  Also, I'm recording this a few days after the fact, and the ab-wheel stuff really left my abs/core very sore.   Finished with some box jumps done as quickly as possible.  I like to keep my conditioning work grouped with the body parts I already worked; so things like box jumps with squats/deadlifts, rope slams after benching, etc.  I feel like that keeps the parts you'll hit next workout fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment