October 18, 2012

October 18, 2012 Upper Body


  • Incline Bench Press: 245*3 255*2 265*2
  • Pullups: 80*3 80*3 80*3 80*2 80*2
  • Pullups Giant-Set: 10, 2...ok that wasn't a bright idea
  • Standing Press: 135*7 155*3
  • Ab-Wheel: 10, 10

Great session really; moved up the weight a tad on the incline press and it didn't feel that heavy.  Pullups went well. Decided to try a giant set where I did as many as I could, dropped off the bar, took a few breaths, and then tried to bang out some more. Didn't go well.  Was too exhausted for the 2nd batch.   Standing press was nice, got 155*3 which is cool I guess. Ab-wheeled after.  Then to finish off I did a ton of pigeon stretching for the left leg/piriformis/IT-Band/sciatica.  Actually I foam rolled it for a while, stretched for a bit, and then got into the pigeon stretch which is the most taxing, so it makes sense to warm up for it so to speak.  The good news is that I did it until the nerve or whatever felt relaxed. When I got up it was the first time in about 6 weeks that I haven't felt something odd in that leg from the nerve.  As I write this now the tingling/pain has been almost non-existent.  If anything the calf just feels tight, not painful.  I'm sure it'll be shitty again in the morning, but I'm going to keep stretching and hopefully it'll help over time!  Yaay, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment