June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011 Accidental Ketosis

So apparently last night I accidentally induced ketosis, and my body reacted pretty violently to it. As you can see, I've been doing 2 a days.  While doing them I thought I'd amp up the cut by pairing it with a low carb intake (around 20g net per day). Last night after my 4th intense workout in about 40 hours I started feeling extremely weird. Mentally foggy, run-down worse than I ever had. My limbs felt like they were made of lead. I went to bed about an hour early but just tossed and fidgeted most of the night, I had to piss 4 times, which is odd because I didn't drink a ton of water yesterday. I was freezing as I laid there, even though it's summer and I had a blanket over me. I was also extremely thirsty, like I had just run a couple 400m sprints without water between. I also had the weirdest taste in my mouth. I woke up this morning and I feel about the same, although I think the circadian rhythm has taken out some of the tiredness.  But still I was tired, felt sluggish, and it felt like my limbs were made out of lead.  I fried myself in the shower to try and warm up, and it worked a little bit. I had to skip my morning conditioning workout because I'm not sure I could actually do it without injuring myself or someone else.   I had a regular shake with blueberries in it, brought some apples and bananas to work, and started to feel a little better. Workout this afternoon was still rough, but I had 8 oz. of pasta on returning home, and I feel MUCH better now.  

Will NOT be screwing around with low carbs when putting myself through hellacious two a days. Lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment