June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011 Observations


I've noticed lately, and believe me I enjoy this, that people at my gym copy a ton of what I do.  It's pretty flattering actually, I've gotten a lot of help and a ton of ideas over the years from places like T-Nation, and people like Corey Grant; it's nice to be the one passing on knowledge now. First it was wearing Vibrams; I saw maybe 2 people in 3 years wearing them at my gym. Within 2 weeks of me using them, and a ton of people asking me about them, I saw about a dozen people wearing them.  We had a rope that rarely got used as well, I started doing a ton of rope work, and again shortly after it seems like everyone is.   What really surprised me though was these past couple weeks I started doing plank position kb rope drags. I have never in my life seen anyone ever do these, and actually got the idea from the video at the end of this post.  The video uses a prowler, but since we don't have one, I improvised by tying kettlebells to the end of the rope and dragging them.   A day or two later I went to grab the rope for some work and as I picked it up out of the pile there were two kettlebells tied to the end of it, not from me.  It's such a random exercise, and I'm assuming that's what the person had tied the kb's to it for, I was surprised someone else there gave it a shot.  Hopefully whoever tried them enjoyed the exercise as much as I do. 







No comments:

Post a Comment