January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014 Bulking diet

So I finally caught up on posting! yaaaay.  Now here are my goals for this bulk, and the diet I've been using.

I set out hoping to replicate my 2010 bulk, where I went from 187 to 231.  I figured I wouldn't go that extreme, but hoped to come close to 230.  I hashed out my base diet, which you can see in the screen shot here: 


I also add in pasta/tortelini/bread/pbj/tuna/avocados/etc. at will, so I'm closer to about 4500 calories per day.  It's also been frigid / snowing every Wednesday recently, so no sprinting, although dodgeball gets my blood pumping.  So the results so far? Mixed.  I hit 210 lbs and then just sort of...stayed there.  I've been 210 for about 4 weeks now, give or take a pound.   It's different than a few years ago because I have so much more muscle on me when I'm starting...heck I cut at about 2700-2800 calories this past summer.  My baseline for metabolism is just so much higher than it was a few years ago, and the weights I'm pushing are so much higher. Plus I'm doing olympic lifting, etc.  All those things jack up your metabolism.  My strength is clearly going up, but if I want to hit 230 I may have to add in tuna sandwiches daily or something, maybe switch from high carb to a high fat bulk.   

As for goals? I wanted to set a new PR on deadlifts, squats, and come close on benching.  I also want a pr on hanging power snatches...250 maybe on power cleans...and I'd also like to add some mass to my delts.   Obviously as of this writing I've already gotten the squat PR, so now I'd like 455 (why not aim high), and I'm 5 lbs. off an HPS pr.  No idea on the power cleans since my hand is hampering that at least for the next week or so.  Deadlifting I'm also close to a PR.  Going to gradually build up loading over the next few weeks and see what I get. 

I need to post some progress pics at some point here, I'm definitely looking meaty across my chest/back and my legs are absolutely titanic at this point.  I'm sitting here in 36" waist jeans even though my waist is about 33" at this point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment