March 5, 2013

March 5, 2013 Lower Body


  • Deadlifting: 405*3 435*5 455*3 475*1
  • Hanging Power Snatches: 135*1 145*1 155*1
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 160*1 185*1 195*1
  • Glute Bridges: 275*3 365*3 455*1 545*1 NEW PR!!
45 minutes

No idea why but this was an extremely satisfying workout, I was pumped up, and felt great.  Feels like one of the best workouts I've ever had, and I'm not entirely certain as to what the reason is.  So my gym keeps track of records, but only on 5 rep things for some reason, so I set the deadlift record.  Then I figured I'd keep pulling heavy. Maybe that's why I was excited, I haven't pulled heavy in a couple months.  Got 475*1, which oddly enough would have been a record this time last year, or tied it anyway.   Moved on to snatches, think I could have gotten 160. I was so pumped after deadlifting.  Hanging power cleans were good, was starting to get gassed.

I decided to try glute bridges again.  Since I hurt my piriformis back in August (or glute medius, depending on the day...still can't be certain which it is, seems like symptoms of both, maybe I hurt both) I haven't done glute bridging, or leg pressing,   The glute bridging hurts when I extend my hips to their maximum forward range, and it tugs on my lower back.  I was so pumped though I didn't particularly care.  Maybe I need to be doing these again, and eventually they'll hurt less & less.  The bridges & leg pressing are the only two exercises where the piriformis/medius injury bothers me at all.  The leg pressing I don't mind, but I really like doing the bridges.  So I tried 275, and it hurt but I did it.  I notice if I arch my back more and focus on keeping my lower back flexed & steady it hurt less though. So I did 365 focusing on that, and it hurt but not as bad.  Put 455 on the bar, did a rep and realized it didn't hurt that bad either.  Put 545 on the bar, got it, but it hurt as it's hard to keep everything flexed with that much weight.  It's not like a reinjury type of hurt, just like the same tugging/pulling/shooting sensation down my left leg and lower left back that I get when stretching out after I work out.    Going to keep doing these and see how I progression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment