March 24, 2013

March 21, 2013 O-Lifts / Incline Bench


  • Hanging Power Snatch: 135*2 145*1 155*1 160*X
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 160*1 185*1,1,1,1 205*1
  • Push Press: 185*1 225*1 -wrists are done
  • BB Incline Bench: 225*3 240*3 250*3
35 minutes

Yeah the idea of an all o-lift day isn't looking too hot.  I didn't really feel any benefit of not deadlifting before the snatches & cleans.  By the time I got to push pressing my wrists were exhausted.  

At one point in the Earth's history great glaciers formed and ocean levels dropped, joining the continents into single great landmasses.  The glaciers cut swaths down closer to the equator than they have ever been.  Eventually they receded leaving great canyons and ravines in their wake. The oceans rose again, and the continents were henceforth separated once again.   In about that same time-span I completed 2 reps of a 3 rep set on incline benching. My bar speed....glacial.    So yeah, probably going back to my usual routine this week.  I may put standing press on Mondays permanently though; it's a lot to bench, row, and then have to produce power on push pressing.  I think it'd be easier after inclining, and pullups.  

Hopefully my CNS isn't shot tomorrow for squatting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment