March 21, 2013

March 19, 2013 Lower Body


  • Hex-Bar Deadlifts: 405*1 455*1 495*1 545*X 515*1
  • Pullups: 75*3 75*3 75*2 75*2 75*2
  • DB Goblet Walk: 105*1:01
  • Cable Unilateral Reverse-Flyes: 15*12 25*7
  • Ab Wheel: 12, 10
45 minutes

Well I figured why not try for a PR here, haven't pulled on a hex bar in ages, I think if I had done the 515 first I would've had 545.  I got it a few inches off the ground but my form was a massacre to behold, so I didn't keep trying.  Pullups were tough after the exertion of deadlifting.  Hadn't done goblet walks in a while either, that was quite the spittling spectacle as I heaved my way past the 1:00 mark.   Also, did more shoulder work, I'm enjoying it.  Ironically after doing the landmines yesterday, jerry-rigged I might add, I was in the gym office and saw they had bought a real one! 

I had long contemplated doing a DL/Pullup posterior chain day, and moving all the o-lifts to their own day.  Honestly not sure how well that's going to work out.  Because Mondays I also work my lats/back so doing pullups on back to back days doesn't feel fabulous.  I don't think it hurts things a whole ton, but I'm betting in the next few days my lats/rhomboids/stabilizers are going to be absolutely shot.   Some of that is from loading up on the hex-bar deads, but I'm not doing my recovery time any favors by loading up on pullups two days in a row.  We shall see

No comments:

Post a Comment