March 5, 2013

March 1, 2013 Lower Body


  • Squats: 300*3 315*3 335*3 355*1
  • Romanian Deadlifts: 315*3 335*3 365*3
  • Split Squats: 135*5 185*3
  • Straight-Leg Cable Kickbacks: 80*10 100*6
46 minutes

Was absolutely drenched after this one. Not used to squatting heavy after the last few months.  The odd thing is I don't feel like the higher rep stuff effected my subsequent higher weight efforts on other exercises, but I definitely felt them on squats. Did some Romanian deadlifts after, I can never tell if I'm engaging my hamstrings enough on them...and then about 3 hours later they're still trying to cramp up on me.  Split squats went well, I never know what I'm going to get with them, some days they're easy, other times it's tough sledding. Finished with some cable kickbacks, really enjoy these, the return portion where the leg goes back to the starting position seems to be the key, doing it in a controlled manner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment