March 5, 2013

March 3, 2013 Conditioning


  • Monster Walks: 10 each direction
  • Broad Jumps: 8' 0", 7' 11", 8' 2", 8' 5", 8' 5.5", 8' 1", 8' 1", 8' 0", 8' 7", 8' 10", 8' 6", 8' 5", 8' 5.5"
  • 31" seated plyo box jumps: 15

Started with monster walks.  Really enjoy doing these to open up my hips at the start.  Did a ton of broad jumps. I was still wicked sore from squatting, my hamstrings and whole posterior chain is still hurting.  Earlier when I said I need to jump 'higher' as opposed to more 'forward' and lower to the ground, I think what I actually meant is I have to tuck my legs better. On the 8' 7" and 8' 10" jumps (both of which were after I was already fatigued) I made an effort not so much to jump high, but to keep my feet tucked  for as long as possible instead of putting them down, or letting them hang down after the jump, and knocking several inches off the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment