March 11, 2013

March 09, 2013 Cut Steps

Alright, so I finally got around to taking the screen shot of what my diet is going to be like this cut.  This time marks a departure in a couple of ways from previous plans I have made.  First of all my low carb day doesn't suck.  Seriously my previous attempts were awful.  The fat was never high enough so it was basically a protein day.   Secondly my high carb day is actually a high carb day.  Actually I've never really done real high carb days before. It's usually medium carb medium fat days.  I'll still probably do those this time, I'll edit this post and add it in later.  I dropped the fat way down on the high carb days, usually I'd leave evoo & coconut oil in.  I was always worried that skipping them on a day would cause my arteries to become blocked & kill me. Or that if i skipped blueberries on low carb days I'd get cancer.  The thing is I'm getting just as much of everything, I'm just switching around the days I do them on, and doubling up on them on the days they're used.

The last, and maybe most major departure is that I realize I've been doing this for 14 years as of last month. I've learned enough, and I'm advanced enough to know how my body reacts to everything. Templates are great at first, but eventually you'll get to a point where you know what your body needs.   So based on that, I'm not going to be using each of these days on set days of the week.  I'm sure my sprinting day will almost always be high carb.  But other than that I'm not really setting anything in stone.  At the start of this cut a few days ago I actually did the low carb day 4 days in a row and was perfectly fine.  I didn't get the 'keto flu' people talk about.  In fact I oddly enough had more energy, and felt clearer for some reason. When I decided to go back to a carby day on Thursday  I actually didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.   So yeah, maybe I'll do that for the next couple weeks (low carb first few days of the week) and then carb up. Maybe I won't.  Who knows.  I feel much more confident now that I know my body doesn't reject low-carb stuff when done several days in a row.  

Anyway, here's the plans:



No comments:

Post a Comment