March 17, 2013

March 15 2013 ides of March Lower Body


  • Squats cluster set: 335*1,1,1,1,1,1,1 - ab cramp??
  • BB Pin Squats: 225*4
  • Split Squats: 135*5 185*3
  • Cable straight-leg kickbacks: 100*7 120*4
  • WSARC: 70*10
40 minutes

Didn't know individual heads of your abdominus rectus could cramp, but sure enough, the upper right head seized up on the 8th rep of the cluster set and I had to abort it.  Really odd.  Was kind of ginger with the rest of the workout; it had cramped so hard I was actually pulled down and to my right a little bit when it seized up.   I think the snatch-grip rack pulls were effecting my back musculature's ability to support the load here, I smoked 315 last week for a cluster, but from rep 1 here it was tough, it felt like I was going to fold over, and I could tell my back wasn't entirely up to the task. Hence the load getting dumped on my abs and the cramp.  Will try another cluster at 335 next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment