January 6, 2013

January 3, 2013 Upper Body


  • Incline Bench Press: 195*10 205*10 210*8
  • Pullups: 10, 8, 6 -whole upper back still sore from DLs
  • Standing Press: 105*10 115*9 115*7
  • DB Rows: 120*10 120*10
  • DB Flat: 100*8 95*4-gassed.  40 minutes to this point
  • 16 lbs. medicine ball wall  throws: 10
42 mins

Well that's good.  Last week I got 195 & 200 both for 9, here I got 205 for 10.  Seem to be adapting to the higher rep stuff.  Still bizarre to be mid-set and thinking "This is usually my total number of reps for a whole exercise".   I have to say the most surprising part of this wasn't feeling like I was ambushed last week from the lactic acid. It's how sore my upper back/rhomboids are after deadlifting.  It's amazing what doing 30 pulls from the ground with good form and a tight back can do for the muscles there.  I noticed it when I got up this morning, and then today while doing pullups.  

Standing press progressed well.  A note here; I always do them behind my head. It's not usually advised, but for me it actually feels more natural, and has never hurt.  I'm thinking to switch things up I'm going to start going to the front, and all the way down to the top of my chest, usually I stop just below my ear lobes when going behind my head.  We'll see what that does for my shoulders.

Rest of the workout went well, was gassed by the time I got to the flat bench.  I sped through this workout though; only 40 minutes to that point, took a couple to do some wall ball throws and called it a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment