January 4, 2013

January 2, 2013 Conditioning


  • tiny-small-medium overbox jump - broad jump superset: 10
  • knee-down mb push 1/2 court sprints: 16*5 per knee
  • Viking Quest: 200*0:40 400*1:27 800*3:14
Good session, a couple notes:  

1) My broad jumps were at least 10' each time, had 10' 2" a couple times.  Good stuff.  I want to measure it from a stand-still.  I feel like these are actually short for me.  

2) The knee-down sprints go like this:  Start with one knee down, like you're about to start a sprint. Hold a soft medicine ball.  Instead of just bursting forward to start the sprint, burst forward and simultaneously push the ball (basically two-hand shot-put it) as hard as you can down the court.  

3)  I realized on the concept2 rower I had been using it at a difficulty setting of 10. Apparently around 4 simulates water pretty well. Whoops.  Discovered that after I finished the 400, figured I'd try setting it to 4 for the 800.  It was actually harder, because even though pulling was easier, each pull amounted to less distance traveled. I actually like it better at the highest resistance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment