November 27, 2012

November 27, 2012 2012 New(ish) Bulking Routine


Sunday:
o Box Jumps, or jump series. (Lower Body Plyo Variant of some sort)
o Rope Slams, Plyo Pushups (Upper Body Plyo Variant of some sort)
o Viking Quest, or  some other sprint variant (Lower body Sprinting Variant of some sort)

Monday:
o Flat Bench (4x3-5)
o Rows (4x3-5)
o Push Press (4x1-3)
o Pullup Variant (3x-2-5)
o DB Incline Bench (2x6-8)

Tuesday:
o Deadlifts (3x3)
o Hanging Power Cleans (3x3)
o Hanging Power Snatches (3x3)
o Paloffs, some core variant (2)
o Conditioning if I’m not wiped out

Wednesay:
o Sprinting: 1000-1200 meters, consisting of mostly 200ms & 100ms.

Thursday:
o Incline Bench  (3x3-5)
o Pullups (5x3-5)
o Standing Press (3x5)
o DB Rows: (2x6-8)
o DB Flat (2x6-8)

Friday:
o Squats (4x3-5)
o Squats From Pins (2x1-3)
o Bulgarian Split Squats: (2x10)
o Reverse Hyper Extensions (2xwhatever)
o Wide-Stance Anti-Rotational Chops, some core variant (2)
o Conditioning: Viking Quest or something

Saturday:
o   Off

So I've added more volume in here, which is one of my goals. I'm also adding in more work for my back, and continuing to hit my delts more. I also have a tendency to not do some sort of bb/db/t-bar rowing enough.  I'll do it on a bulk, or a cut, but then when I switch to the other I drop them a lot of times. Not doing that here.   Also importantly I've added in DB work as well, as higher rep work, which accomplishes two of my goals for this bulk, and going forward.  I'm also hitting my core on set days now, as well as throwing in some extra optional conditioning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment