November 19, 2012

November 16, 2012


  • Squats: 225*5 275*5 305*2 315*1
  • Squats From Pins: 245*3 265*1
  • Hanging Power Snatches: 135*3 140*3 145*1
  • Front Squats: 185*3 205*3 
  • Paloffs: 60*10 70*10
  • 16 lbs. medicine ball wall throw: 10, 10
44 minutes

Too much stuff!  I think all of that is too much for my lower back, it's going to get overloaded.  The squats went well, banged out a couple extra at 275 & upped 3rd set to 305 from 300.  I need to add in some hypers here I think, or maybe on deadlifting day.  Love squatting from the pins; going to drop the weight some and really bang out some reps.  Front squats I was slumped forward badly, my lower back was exhausted.  Tried to pin my core but it was tired. Rest of the session went well. 

So here's the thing...my leg days are sort of muddled; one is hamstring based with quad work in it, and the other vice-versa.  Fridays I'm hitting quads with squatting, glutes/hams with the power snatches, and glutes/hams/back with the reverse-hypers I do here occasionally.  Tuesdays I'm hitting my posterior chain with deadlifts, and the glute bridges I'm going to be adding back in...but then bulgarian split squats are very quad centered for me.  So here's what I'm going to do:

Tuesdays:
Deadlift x 3
Hanging Power Snatches x 3
Hanging Power Cleans x 3
Reverse Hypers (or glute bridges) x 3
Core x 2
Conditioning perhaps

Fridays:
Squats (or Front Squats) x 5
Squats from Pins x 3
Bulgarian Split Squats x 2
Core x 2
Conditioning 

This way I'm hitting my posterior chain really hard on Tuesdays, and my quads more on Fridays.  I high bar squat anyway, so it always hits my quads more. PLUS this gives me a way to put both of my main o-lifts on the same day, since I had tinkered with giving them their own day in the past.  This should allow my CNS to recover more, since I'm not doing anything explosive on Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays now.  I'm really excited for this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment