November 21, 2012

November 18, 2012 Conditioning


  • Unilateral Plyo Box Jumps: 16.75" (medium box)*10 16.75"*10
  • Kneeling start 1/2 court sprints: 5 per leg
  • Viking Quest: 200*0:42 400*1:27 800*3:10 NEW PR!
  • 28kg kb swings: 30

Good session, mixed it up a little after seeing this video on Joe Defranco's youtube:


absolutely unreal. I wish my gym had those soft boxes, I'd attempt much higher box jumps.  All we have are those metal frames you see to the side in these videos. Good for gashing open shins if you miss your jump..so I decided to try these for the first time after watching that video. I need to work on my landings.  My foot tends to land towards the center of my body, which I guess is a natural motion, but it's not healthy; my knee is still under the my hip, but my foot lands several inches inside of that line, putting stress on several ligaments. Will try to work that out.   Also, you land much harder on these on account of only having one foot absorbing the landing.  Here's a video of my first ever attempts at these:


Next I decided to mix it up some; since I like doing sprinting decided to add in some sprints, but only half court ones, maybe 10 yards, starting with one knee on the ground. I'm definitely faster inside on a basketball court than on a track, but I guess everyone is.  Felt good.  Chopped a second off my 800 meter time in the row, and then went back to kettlebell swings.  Going to start adding those in for conditioning at the end of workouts, they're a great way to finish things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment