November 25, 2012

November 20, 2012 Lower Body


  • Deadlift: 315*3 365*3 405*3
  • Hanging Power Snatches: 135*3 140*3 135*3
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 155*3 175*3 165*3
  • Glute Bridges: 135*9..PIRIFORMIS! 
  • P.U.P.P.: 1:00, 0:30
45 minutes

YES!!! It worked.  Putting snatches & cleans on this day definitely fits.  Hits the whole posterior chain as primary movers, and all my work for the week that will hit my grip, forearms, and traps, all in one session. This is exactly what I was hoping for. It's going to take a couple weeks to get used to, my grip on the snatches wasn't great, hence the final set being at 135. Plus I'm not used to deadlifting before snatches.   Deadlifted over 400 again, felt great.     The piriformis thing is about 80% healed at this point.  I don't get tingling in my foot very often, and the pain in my calf is only about once per day, and is much fainter.  However, I still find it excruciating to try and do things like glute bridges or leg pressing. Maybe if I did some pigeon stretches beforehand? Who knows. Going to give it some more time to heal, it's doing well on its own.   Good session.    I was absolutely exhausted after this one. I usually stay up until 11:30 or so at night; I could've gone to bed at 7 after this session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment