December 29, 2011

December 29, 2011 Lower / Light

  • Squats: 290*4 300*2 315*1
  • Hanging Power Snatches: 100*3 120*3 140*3 150*3 160*2
  • Trap-Bar Jump Deads: 225*3 245*3
  • Kneeling Paloff Presses: 30*3 40*3

I just don't get squatting any more.   I was warmed up, foam rolled before hand, etc.  First set I thought my left IT band was going to snap and my lower back stung all over.  Second and third sets IT band was better but my lower back is just extremely fatigued right now.  Regardless I wouldn't have gotten much more than I did anyway.  My 1RM for deadlifting right now is probably a shade over 500 meaning I can deadlift almost 200 lbs. more than I can squat.  I have no explanation for this whatsoever.  I am prioritizing my deadlift this bulk, so I didn't expect my squat to go up a ton, but it's actually gone down some.  The power-snatches went well, added 5 lbs. to them, almost had a 3rd at 160 but dropped it on the back of my neck.  Note to self: don't do that again.   Did some trap-bar jump deadlifting which I love and haven't done in ages.  Finished with kneeling paloff presses...holy crap I think I like these more than the standing version.

No comments:

Post a Comment