April 9, 2013

April 9, 2013 Deadlifting & Olympic Lifting


  • Sumo Deadlifts: 365*1 405*1 455*1 500*X 475*1
  • Power Snatch: 135*3 155*2 165*1
  • Power Cleans: 165*1 185*1 205*1
  • High Pull: 215*1
  • P.U.P.P.: 1:00, 1:00, 1:00
  • Ab-Wheel: 10
46 minutes

Haven't done sumo deadlifts in ages so I tried them here. I think I would have had 500 if I tried 475 first, the jump was just too much from 455 to 500.  I get carried away with my jumps sometimes.  I usually do my alternative deadlifts only sporadically, but I may try doing them again next week.  Definitely feel them in my hamstrings, my right one almost cramped up a couple times.  They also feel a bit easier on my lower back which has been fatigued the last 10 days or so.   It took quite a bit out of me doing them overall though, was exhausted after.    Decided after to do my o-lifting entirely off the floor after.  Snatches are SO much easier with the momentum off the floor!  Was pretty beat after all those extra reps, but did some cleans off the floor anyway, attempt at 215 ended up being a high pull. Decided to end with some core work, did some push-up position plank presses, and really focused on keeping my scapulae retracted...wow did that cause my serratus and obliques to clamp down.   I haven't posted a video of PUPPs in a while, here's one I found on youtube.  Finished with the ab wheel and then admired my core in the mirror of the locker-room.  


No comments:

Post a Comment