April 9, 2013

April 8, 2013 Upper Body


  • Bench Press (cluster of 10): 285*1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
  • Bench Press (paused rep): 285*1
  • Pendlay Rows: 155*10 185*5 205*4
  • Behind The Neck Presses: 135*7 145*4 155*3
  • Neutral Grip Pullups: 70*3 70*3 70*3
  • Landmine Lateral Raises: 45*10 55*5
46 minutes
  • Jump Rope: 6 minutes
Got my cluster of 10 on 285.  Again taking a bellyful of air before a rep makes SO much of a difference.  The first few reps I grinded out because I wanted to see if it got any easier with air in the belly.  The next 7 were easier than those 3 by far.  If you're not sure what it means to take air into your belly; inhale deeply.  If you're chest puffs out you're doing it wrong. If your belly presses out, you're doing it right.  If you're having trouble, try laying on your back and focus on breathing in slowly, with a hand resting flat on your stomach. Visualize the air filling your stomach and making your hand rise up slowly.

So yeah, cluster went great, I think I may actually try 295 for a cluster this coming week.  Threw in Pendlay rows, getting better at them.  BTN Presses went a little better this week than last, getting back into the groove with them. Also added reps on the NG pullups, so that's good.  Dropped weight a tad on landmines since I won't to focus on getting reps in since I'm still new to them, I need to get my body used to the pattern with them.  Finished with more jumprope.  Hit 30 times!  Also got 20 a couple times, and 17 as well.  Will do it again Thursday.  I notice it hits my calves a bit when I do it.  Good times.  Also, weighed in at 203 lbs. post workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment