April 17, 2013

April 17, 2013 Sprinting


  • 100m: 1, 1 (13.88) NEW PR!!, 1 (13.66) NEW PR!!, 1 (13.87), 1 (14.13), 1 (14.32),1,1
  • Total: 800m
  • Broad Jumps: 8' 2", 8' 10", 8' 7"
Well then.  When I do well sprinting I can always feel it, there's this sort of tightness in my whole body, I just feel like everything is pulling in the same direction, I feel more compact and less like my limbs are flailing about, if that makes any sense.  I knew I had set a new PR on the 13.88 run.  Then the next one, when I got to the 80m mark which is where I usually slow down a tad, I just willed myself to actually speed up, and my hamstrings almost cramped.  Great run.  The next one I was feeling a bit gassed, and then my times trailed off.  I can always tell the run on which I completely run out of energy.  It was the 14.32 one;  my legs just felt.."empty" that's the only way I can describe it.  I feel like I'm pushing off the ground with such force when I'm doing my first few, but then afterward they just feel hollow when I run, like there's no pop in the step.  Any one of the five timed sprints here would have been records even yesterday.  

I did 800m and then stopped since I'm not conditioned enough for a full 1000m all-out.  Next week I'll probably be ready.  Definitely starting off better this year, even though I didn't get a chance to sprint really in February, I was doing it much later into the winter this year, and that helped a lot I believe.  So to finish off I did broad jumps into the sand pit.  I'm going to track those records separately on my records page; it's different than doing it in my gym, I'm landing on sand, plus from where I'm taking off, it's about a 1" dropoff into the sand-pit, so that probably adds an inch or so onto the jumps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment