April 17, 2013

April 12, 2013 Lower Body


  • Squats (cluster): 345*1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
  • Bulgarian Split Squats: 155*3 175*3
  • Walking Lunges: 120*7 170*3
  • Straight Leg Cable Kickbacks: 110*5 120*4
  • DB Farmers Walks: 110*56 steps
  • Seated KB Rope Pulls: 28kg, 52kg
45 minutes

I don't think I could have even done 347 for a cluster of 10.  That is without a doubt my peak on 10 rep clusters.  Feels good man.  Did some bulgarians after, then walking lunges. On the walking lunges I'm actually using a preacher bar, a regular bar would be too long and unwieldy.  I have to have friends/staff put the thing on my shoulders for the heavier sets though.  If you haven't tried walking lunges I highly recommend them.  It's hard to describe what it's like being fatigued, but not beat to piss, and then doing a set of walking lunges.  I don't sweat, ever, really.  I do these things and I am literally leaving a dripping trail of it behind me.  Those big heavy single-leg multi-joint exercises get you huffing & puffing.  I had forgotten about the straight leg cable kickbacks, those are another KILLER exercise, you have to clamp down your entire core while you do them to make sure you're not just swinging your hips to move the wait.   Did some farmers walks after, then seated rope pulls.   Basically tie the end of a rope to some kettlebells, walk away carrying the rope until it's fully extended.  Sit down and while remaining upright pull the rope towards you hand over hand.  Surprisingly taxing on the midsection.

Also, here's a video of straight-leg cable kickbacks.  The guy in the video doesn't go as far back as I do, and I don't let my foot hit the ground at any point during the set.  


No comments:

Post a Comment