April 22, 2013

April 18, 2013 Upper Body


  • Incline Bench (Paused Rep) (Cluster Set): 240*1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
  • Pullups: 75*3 75*3 75*3 75*2
  • Standing Press: 145*4 155*3 135*5
  • Unilateral T-Bar Rows: 145*6 165*4 175*2
  • DB Flat: 120*4 120*3
43 minutes

That cluster set was tough! Got it done though.  They're definitely working.  People have been commenting on how large I look lately.  That can usually come from cutting. Paradoxically the more cut you are the larger you look, since better defined angles & cuts between muscles makes them look larger than if there's a layer of fat over them.  But I notice it in my shirts & pants lately.  Especially my pecs & shoulders, most likely from the land-mine laterals, and cluster sets I have been doing.  My body has had to adapt.  My shirts are tighter now than at the start of this cut, and even though I have lost several pounds (mostly off lower body where I store fat) my pants actually feel tighter around my legs & ass. Unpostable pictorial evidence suggests it is most definitely not fat.  

Anyway, rest of workout went well, got another 3 rep set on pullups!  Did standard standing press today as well, felt good.  Used wraps on the unilateral t-bar rows, definitely lets me pull more weight. I want to concentrate on the stretch at the bottom on them next week, to make sure I'm getting all the way down.  Lost a rep on each set of db flat, but not surprised since the paused rep set was heavier, as well as the t-bars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment