December 26, 2012

December 23, 2012 Conditioning


  • 24" unilateral plyo box jumps: 10
  • 31" plyo box jumps: 15
  • 32" plyo box jumps: 5
  • Viking Quest: 200*0:38 400*1:30 800*2:58 PR!!
Remeasured the boxes, tall box is 24", which is 3" shorter than I thought.  But small box & med box are 3" taller than I thought, so it balances out.  Since I'm still intimidated by having the small box on the tall box for some reason, I put the tiny box (7") on the tall box, and put plates under the legs of the tall box. Going to add a plate (about 1.5") per week til I'm back where I was.  Hence the 31" jumps, followed by the 32" jumps.   

Someone reading this doesn't understand what it's like to tear 5 seconds off your PR in something.  It sounds like..well...5 seconds to an ordinary person.   It's not.  My previous record was 3:03 and I was gassed after that, I was beat.  So what's 5 seconds quicker? I couldn't even stand up for about a minute. I was sucking big lungfuls of air as fast as I could.  I thought I was going to black out.  I fell off the Concept2 and laid on my side for another few minutes til I could actually move.  Then I dragged myself to the stretching area and started stretching to prevent cramps, then just laid back there for about 10 more minutes.  That's what 5 seconds does.  It took me about 5 hours until I felt like I was getting back to normal. The rest of the day though my metabolism was jacked up. My skin wasn't just warm, it was hot, which feels great when it's 35 degrees out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment