August 6, 2013

August 2, 2013 Lower Body


  • Squats: 315*1 345*1 365*1
  • Good Mornings: 225*2 240*1 NEW PR!! 250*1 NEW PR!! 260*1 NEW PR!!
  • Sled Push & Pull: 3 minutes, 16
  • Sled Push & Pull, Team (5 pushes, 5 pulls each): 1:57
  • Sled Push & Pull, intergender, Team (5 pushes, 5 pulls each): 2:28

My lower back wasn't feeling fabulous, kind of tired. Still I got 365 on squatting so I'm happy. Then I destroyed my record for good mornings on 3 consecutive sets.  Probably don't want to go that high again anytime soon, but I did get the job done. Next I decided to do more of the challenges.  First I did a sled push & pull. Basically pull a sled from a 3 point stance, then push it back to where it started.  Each time you pull the sled all the way to you counts as a rep, then each push back counts.  By the end of this it felt like someone was sticking a blowtorch down my throat and lighting my lungs on fire. Here's a video!


Then I did it again, but in team form, you take turns, do a pull then a push, then next person does so.  5 of each, as fast as you can. Me and another guy smoked the previous record by 2 minutes, finished with 1:57.  Then I did it with one of the ladies from the gym as well. We were both gassed at that point though, ended up with 2:28.   Also did some TRX dismounts, basically swing from a trx and then hurl yourself as far as possible. I got 55", so 3rd place, narrowly missing 2nd place by a half inch. Here's a vid of the final sled push & pull I did with the girl. 


Hard to explain how tired I was after all this, I could barely stay awake. Good times

No comments:

Post a Comment