August 27, 2013

August 19, 2013 Lower Body / Light

  • Squats: 275*5 315*3 315*2 325*2 315*3
  • Front Squats: 185*3 205*3 225*3 240*1
  • Good Mornings: 155*5 165*4 -back tired
  • Side-Planks: 0:45, 0:30
Somewhat abbreviated session; moving squats to mondays, and just squatted heavy on Friday.  Doing it for a couple reasons; A) I don't like squatting Friday and then being dead-legged for Friday & Saturday night when I go out.  I'll be deadlifting Thursdays, and the doms I get from that is much less anyway. B) Monday is international bench press day.  It's too crowded in that part of the gym on Monday and I don't like benching when there are tons of people around me.  C) It let's me prioritize squatting.  Sundays are my somewhat easier conditioning day, and I haven't sprinted yet so my legs are fresher.  
Rotated in some front squatting here, going to be doing more of that from now on too. Great core movement in addition to the obvious primary lower body effects.  Finished with some good mornings and side-planks. I need to get a video of me doing good mornings to see how good my form is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment