May 2, 2013

April 28, 2013 Conditioning


  • Broad Jumps: 8' 1", 8' 4", 8' 5", 8' 4", 8' 6", 8' 1", 8' 0", 8' 1", 8' 2", 8' 5", 8' 4"
  • Jump Rope: 7:30: 17, 29, 55, 68 NEW PR!!, 29, 36
  • Sled Pushes: 115*4 115*2 115*2
 32 minutes

On the broad jumps I'm definitely getting better about making sure I have some good height, and also putting my feet forward at the end.  Too often they would drag behind me, and where I would set them down was behind my body.  Also as far as height/forward thrust goes you have to balance it out.  You don't want to waste too much of your energy propelling yourself upward, but you need enough height so that you have enough time to bring your feet forward as you descend.  Did some jump rope, got a new PR.  Again, just totally gassed after, shins start to splint up a tad on the last couple sets.  Did some sled pushes for speed.  My quads completely locked up and gave out on them, which is good.  I keep my ass low and push through my posterior chain, but my quads really take the brunt of it, at least during the session, afterward everything is evenly sore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment