May 2, 2013

April 30, 2013 Lower Body

  • Deadlift (Cluster Set): 425*1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
  • Hanging Power Snatches: 135*1 150*1 155*1
  • Power CLeans: 185*2 205*1 215*X
  • Glute-Bridges: 315*3 405*3
  • Ab-Wheel: 12
45 minutes

I always thought the idea of a cluster set on deadlifts was a bad idea.  It is.  It's just too much stress on my lower/mid back.  I'm still sore typing this up two days later.   Was shot for the o-lifting afterward.  Need to get better on cleans, I think I'm doing what I used to do with snatches, which is bringing the weight too far out in front of me, almost like a ballistic front raise or something, and then snapping the weight back onto my shoulders.   So since that piriformis/glute-medius pull/whatever as I noted before some exercises hurt, like leg-pressing, and glute-bridges. I haven't tried them in a few months, so decided to test it out.  It still hurts a little bit, like a shocking/stabbing pain in the lower back that shoots down my left leg still.  But it's about 80% reduced from last time I did them!  So that's good.  I could do them regularly again if I so chose to.  Yaaaay

No comments:

Post a Comment