July 5, 2013

July 3, 2013 Sprinting, Broad Jumps


  • 100m: 1
  • 40m: 5
  • 100m: 3
  • Total: 600m
  • Broad Jumps: 9' 1", 9' 4", 9' 4", 9' 2", 9'7", 9'7", 9' 5", 9'5", 9'8", 9'8.5" NEW PR!!, 9'9" NEW PR!!
Wasn't sure how my body would react to all the HPCs yesterday, well it told me on my first sprint.  Felt like my hips & hamstrings were made of lead. They weren't stiff, just....dead.  Might as well have been dragging wood behind me. Had no endurance.  Conditions were smotheringly hot, with a really high dewpoint.  Usually I love sprinting in those conditions, but after all that work yesterday on the hanging cleans it was ridiculous, even 100m felt long. So I focused on what I could do well this session; the first burst, and just did 40m sprints.  

Then it was time to jump!  I love the sandpit as I've said before.  Even though I was tired I gutted out a few decent jumps, then started trying to go all out.  I almost stopped after the 2nd 9' 5" jump, but figured I'd try to gut out a few more.  Tied my PR, then threw myself as hard as I could at a new PR, and got it by a half inch.  Waited a few minutes to recover, then threw myself out as hard as I could again with a mighty "hnnnnng" and got 9' 9". 

No comments:

Post a Comment