July 5, 2013

July 2, 2013 Lower Body / Olympic Lifting


  • Power Shrugs: 315*5 365*5 405*6 455*5
  • Hanging Power Cleans: 135*3 135*5 145*5 145*3 135*6
  • Hanging Power Snatch: 135*3
  • Deadlift: 315*1 365*1 365*1
43 minutes

Did power shrugs, which are a great patterning movement for hanging power cleans.  Then I drilled the heck out of the hanging power cleans next. I did a ton with just the bar, then did these sets.  They weren't all pretty, but it was better than the last few weeks.  Got a lot of good clean reps in.  I think the hardest part for me is dipping under the bar, it's like any time I go to do that my feet automatically want to starfish out.  On a lot of these today I didn't really dip at all, which is fine for these lower weights, but if I want a bigger HPC I'm going to have to get used to dipping down and not throwing my legs out to the side.  Did Hanging Power Snatches after, but that's a whole other can of worms. I'll get to them at some point, for now I'm doing them with acknowledged bad star-fish form.  Kept it light on deadlifts here, going to next week as well; assuming my max is around 500 right now, no reason to go over 70% or so of that at this time. I'm doing them last in order, focusing on the other lifts here, and have no plans to test my max anytime soon on deadlifts. So no sense butchering my CNS or stabilizers in my lower back. 






No comments:

Post a Comment