February 26, 2013

February 24, 2013 Conditioning


  • Monster Walks: 10 steps each direction
  • Broad Jumps: 7' 8", 7' 11" 8' 2", 9' 0.5" NEW PR!!! whoah.. 8' 3.5", 8' 7.5" would've been PR a minute earlier, 8' 4.5", 8' 3.5" 8' 3.5", 8' 3.5", 8' 2.5"
  • 31.5" ply box jumps: 15
  • 31.5" seated plyo box jumps: 15
  • 1000m row: 3:52 NEW PR!!

I didn't really think about it before, but since I'm taking the week off from lower body stuff there was no squats a couple days before this workout.  I didn't know how much of an effect it would have on things.  Started with broad jumps; got a few at the high 7' mark, one over 8, then I absolutely uncorked one.  I looked down and the tip of my feet were over 10'.  When I first started with the jumps I was measuring where my toes land, and thought about one day seeing them over 10'.   (I went back and adjusted all my distances to what they should have been, where my heal hit).  So yeah, I absolutely obliterated my previous record of 8' 5".   I think I'm more than capable of hitting 9'+ right now, even in a bulked state.  I need to be more disciplined and make sure my arms swing, I explode through my posterior chain, and jump high and forward enough and stab my feet forward as I land.  That 9' jump is the first time it felt 'right' in all those regards. Two jumps later I got what would've been a PR about a minute earlier, and the rest of the session was over 8'. I have to say that this is the first time I've actually felt sore in my posterior chain after jumping.  

Did my plyo jumps after, someone commented the seated jumps were impressive...I felt good, then I remembered there's videos of guys doing 51" jumps from a seated position.   Anyway, I decided to finish with some rowing, it went great!  New record on the 1000m row.  




No comments:

Post a Comment