February 17, 2013

February 17, 2013 Conditioning


  • Broad Jumps: 7' 8",  7' 10",  7' 11.5" , 8' 1.5", 7' 11.5", 8' 0.5", 8' 1", 8' 5" NEW PR!!
  • 31" Plyo Box Jumps: 15
  • Plyo bench clap pushups: 5, 5
  • wood-choppers: 20*10 45*10
  • Knee-down mb push 1/2 court sprints: 5 per knee
33 minutes

Happy with the jumps; got further and further as I warmed up, all consistently in the high 7s or low 8s....then on the last one I absolutely sold out, thought I was going to face plant with how hard I jumped.  Maybe I need to do it like that every time, because I set a new record for myself.  Was really pumped up for this workout, felt great.  Tried wood choppers (where you take a cable station, set it to a high point, and then go diagonally down and across your body then back up), may throw them in again at some point.  Finished with sprints.  I'm getting hyped for this cut that's coming up, thinking of trying keto at the start, or maybe end of it.   Or at the very least I'm thinking of finally having a 'high carb' and 'low carb' day that makes sense, as opposed to just swapping a couple foods like I've done in the past.  Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I always felt like the low carb days were half-assed. Not only that but I was doing them on days when I sprinted, which makes no sense.  If anything I should be doing them on upper-body workout days, and my sunday light conditioning days.   We shall see!   

No comments:

Post a Comment