November 9, 2011

November 8, 2011 Upper / Light

  • Incline Bench / Pullups S.S.: 225*5 / BW*12  215*5  / BW*8  205*5  / BW*8
  • Standing Press: 135*5 145*5 150*5
  • Hammer Curls: 50*8 45*8 40*8
  • Battling Ropes: 40, 50, 40
  • Pullup Iso-Hold: 25 Seconds

Rhomboids still trashed from previous session, oddly pullups and the iso hold did not exasperate this.  The session went well.  Today (wednesday) when I'm putting this in my delts are actually sore.  They are NEVER sore, even after standing presses, so I'm doing something right.  Apparently looking back actually the last time I did Standing Presses I did 145*5 and 145*4, so I actually bumped up my weight here.  Maybe the time off did something strength wise.  I'm also noticing I look massive compared to the end of the cut, and I've only been on increased calories for a couple days.  Probably just glycogen.  Anyway, hammer curls were fun, I haven't done direct bicep work consistently in over a decade, so this should be fun.   Another note; that template I posted the other day is going to be the vast majority of the routine.  If I finish off that stuff for a workout and still have energy I may add in a set or two of some other work, like with the iso-hold here.  So, so far bulk 2011 is off to a great start

No comments:

Post a Comment