November 9, 2011

November 7, 2011 Lower / Heavy

  • Hang Cleans: 95*5 135*3 140*3 145*3
  • Deadlifts: 315*3 365*3 385*3 390*3 365*3
  • Glute Bridges: 365*3 405*3 415*3 435*3 455*1-LEFT CALF CRAMP

So I learned several things here:
  1. I'm never taking over 3 weeks off from heavy deadlifting again.   Holy crap....seriously I cannot explain how rusty I was here.  Probably should've eased back into this instead of going near 400 right off the bat again, much less for a triple.  
  2. I'm never taking a whole week off again, or not going heavy for 2 straight weeks, at least intentionally.  Last week I had off, two weeks ago I was doing that glycogen depletion stuff. By the 3rd set of deadlifts I actually was feeling something similar to DOMS. I'm recording this a couple days later and all I can say is that every part of my body is sore, and it's not even from the upper body workout I did the day after this.  My rhomboids feel like someone took a lead pipe to them
  3. Hang cleans do not 'prime your nervous system' they just tire you out.  I think what I'm going to do from now on is switch the order every other week.  So next week I'll lead off with deadlifts.  For my Thursday workout this week I'm going to lead off with the squats and go to the snatches second.  Next week I'll do deadlifts first on this Tuesday workout and hang cleans second.  Then next Thursday I'll lead off with snatches and move to squats 2nd.  
  4. You can apparently cramp your calf  by doing glute bridges.  That fucker didn't let go completely for about 5 hours, but I could at least walk. 
  5. Kale does not work in my morning shakes.  Just does NOT work.  I'm going to eat it with dinner from now on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment