June 16, 2014

June 1, 2014 Sprinting


  • 200m: 5
  • Total: 1000m
welp, that went well. Last 2 I was ready to choke for the last 100m.  Still though...good stuff. 

Can't recall if I've written about this yet, might as well put it here.  When I was 4 I had an incarcerated hernia on my left. It got repaired and supposedly I can't have a hernia on that side anymore because of some mesh or something. Anyway....About 6 weeks ago I slipped on a wet floor and thought I strained my left adductor, and groin, slightly. Everything felt fine a couple weeks later. Then I noticed on the right side of my extreme lower abdomen, near the hip crease, that I was having vague soreness. It kind of built up over the past month, but only when I do certain things, and has spread to the left side now too. 

When I sprint, my first warmup jog is excruciating. It feels like something to either side of my groin is tearing or being stabbed and is uncomfortable as fuck. I also notice a painful yanking sensation in both adductors. My next warmup run it's a little better. By the third the feeling is completely gone on the left, and I get a faint vague soreness on the right side the rest of the session, nothing that slows me down. The rest of the day there's a faint soreness on both sides, like a muscle that's been worked extra hard. Next, when I do certain ab-exercises, like dead bugs, I get the discomfort in my groin, kind of like something is squeezing the fuck out of my balls.

My first inclination was that I had a double hernia. But again, most days I'm fine.  I can squat/deadlift/brace my abs/etc. fine without any discomfort. I had an idea one day to try the adductor machine (the one where you sit and squeeze your legs together, i.e. the good girl/ bad girl machine) and sure enough it was awful.
My adductors had that yanking pain in them, the pain and discomfort in my groin was there, everything. Same thing if I'm standing and try to move a plate that's lying on the gym floor with my foot (so like 25 lbs. plate, put my right foot on the right side of the plate and try to push it to the left).  So now I'm confused as to what this is, and what I should do for it. It's not exactly a major issue, but I'd prefer to be able to warmup for sprints without shrieking and cursing as I do my warmup jog.

No comments:

Post a Comment