November 26, 2013

November 17, 2013 Sprinting


  • 100m: 1,1,1,1 (13.6 est), 1 (13.8), 1,1, 1
  • Total: 800m
  • Broad Jumps: 9' 4", 9' 3", 9' 2", 9' 1"
Hadn't sprinted in a while, and the weather was mild so I headed out.  Happy with the speed. I'm definitely faster when I hit mid foot on the ground, which I need to do anyway, lest my hamstring get that weird pain in it.  Another note about sprinting: I set a goal of getting to sub 12 seconds, but then I realized that I'm not starting on blocks. In fact I'm not even starting from a crouch or leaning forward. My times are from a standing position, with a split stance.  So I'm probably losing an entire second there.  Plus I'm only sprinting once per week.  Probably sub 13 is a more reasonable goal.  

Also did some broad jumps, but I was pretty tired after the sprinting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment