June 10, 2012

June 10, 2012 Conditioning


  • 34.5" Plyo Box Jump / 34.5" Seated Plyo Box Jump Superset: 15-15
  • Shoulder-Rolls (per side): 5, 5
  • Cart Wheels (to left): 10, 10
  • Roundoffs (to right): 10, 6
  • Getups (per side): 10kg*3 

ok now this was fun. I've decided to add more tumbling into my conditioning work. I started with shoulder rolls. They seemed easy at first, but at the end my pulse was really high.  May do them again tomorrow after benching and stuff.  Then I moved to cartwheels. Quick note, I haven't done cartwheels in about 20 years, but I immediately remembered how to do them.  Here's the thing though...I always do them to my left, never to my right. So obviously I want to do them both ways this time.  At this point when I go right it's essentially a roundoff.  A bad roundoff.  Here's video proof.  First the cartwheels, to the left, pretty much decent:





and now the roundoffs...going to my right.....what has been seen, cannot be unseen (check out the dude scoping me out between sets on the teeter-totter thing):


Finally I thought I'd finish with something cool I saw on 4chan's /fit board a few days ago.  There was a thread where you post pictures of your "cave" and see what people could notice about you. It's not really fitness related, but I always preach about being well rounded and not letting the gym define you as a person, so here's a few snaps of my room. , the door.  This is mostly my roommates doing, though the Santa has hung on many of my doors over the years. 

Next a view of one of my walls; that's my degree from BC, as well as a picture of my favorite bird.  I also have a lava lamp that never gets used, a fantasy football trophy I'm way too proud of, and over in the corner some nostalgia in the form of my mom's height board. 

That vulture pinata you see below is probably older than most people reading this.  My mom got it for me in 2nd grade and immediately knew I wasn't going to want to bash it.  I ended up saving it, and getting a donkey instead.  To the left is a bird Sanctuary sign I got for Christmas one year.  As you may have noted, I love birds. I actually have another blog exclusively for bird photography that I need to update (http://birdinginboston.blogspot.com/


 This is my wall of sports, I used to have more stuff up there, but I have souvenirs from both Sox world series' titles up there.  
Another wall shot...I guess this is superfluous really.  My sash from BC and a glow in the dark spider I've had up on every wall I've ever had (along with this blue color).  If my room says one thing about me it's that I hang onto my past :) 

and nothing says that more than this last shot.  I love these things. I started collecting them when I was a small child, they glow in the dark. They were only supposed to glow for a few years, I guess NASA made them or something. Instead they've glowed for almost 3 decades.  I think the Saturn was first, and then the rest followed shortly after.   So there you have it, a look inside my own cave, and proof that I do more than just hang out in the gym and bang out blog posts on here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment